Yount Hall was built as a women’s residence hall to accommodate a growing number of female students. It was constructed in 1905, occupied as a women’s residence hall in 1906 and named in the autumn of 1910 in honor of Bridgewater College President Walter B. Yount and his mother, Mrs. Margaret C. Bowman Yount. Before that, it was simply called “the Ladies’ Dormitory”. The building was a women’s residence Hall until January 1946. From February 1946 until autumn 1975, both men and women lived in the building (during alternating years). Yount Hall was renovated for office and classrooms use in 1977 under the direction of buildings and grounds superintendent Paul V. Phibbs. It currently houses the Bridgewater College department of Admissions.
Provisions of Use: Personal and non-profit use only. No cropping or altering of images in any way. Credit each image's source as "The Robert R. Newlen '75 and John C. Bradford Special Collections/Bridgewater College Digital Commons". Consider including a hyperlink to the image hosted on the Bridgewater College Digital Commons.