White House- A two-story frame building, the White House, originally called The Young Ladies’ Home, stood on the Bridgewater College campus from 1888 to 1930. This was the second building of the Virginia Normal School, an early name for Bridgewater College. The White House was located on the northeast side of East College Street, opposite from where Memorial Hall now stands. In addition to serving as housing space for women, the building held the College kitchen and dining facilities until it was replaced by Rebecca Hall.
Provisions of Use: Personal and non-profit use only. No cropping or altering of images in any way. Credit each image's source as "The Robert R. Newlen '75 and John C. Bradford Special Collections/Bridgewater College Digital Commons". Consider including a hyperlink to the image hosted on the Bridgewater College Digital Commons.