Wardo Hall- The building on the west wing of today’s Flory Hall was the second Bridgewater College building at that location to be known as Wardo Hall. The first was a two-story wooden residence hall that housed male students. It stood from 1890 – 1910. The current building was constructed and occupied in 1910. Other than serving for a term as a women’s residence hall (1945 – 1946), it housed male students from 1910 to early 1981, at which time it was replaced by the newly constructed Wakeman Hall. Wardo Hall was renovated and connected with Founders’ Hall to become Flory Hall in 1984. The reason for the selection of the name “Wardo” remains a mystery.
Provisions of Use: Personal and non-profit use only. No cropping or altering of images in any way. Credit each image's source as "The Robert R. Newlen '75 and John C. Bradford Special Collections/Bridgewater College Digital Commons". Consider including a hyperlink to the image hosted on the Bridgewater College Digital Commons.