Bridgewater College has had a museum since the 1890s. In 1954, Church of the Brethren pastor, Daleville College graduate, and Tennessee farmer, Reuel B. Pritchett donated his lifelong collection to Bridgewater College. The museum was renamed for him.
The Reuel B. Pritchett Museum was located on the ground floor of Bowman Hall until 1964. It was housed in a large room, the former library space, in the basement of Cole Hall from 1964 to 2017. Most of the artifacts were on constant display during that time.
The Reuel B. Pritchett Museum Collection was moved into preservation storage in 2017 and will continue in Special Collections within the John Kenny Forrer Learning Commons as a working education, research and interpretive collection.