The current Bridgewater College President’s House was completed in 1949 for the new Bridgewater College president Warren D. Bowman and his family. It stands on East College Street between Nininger Hall and the Bicknell House.
The building underwent major renovations while Wayne F. Geisert was in residence from 1964 to 1994. During that time, the red brick house with white shutters was painted white, and the shutters were painted black. A screened porch was enclosed and a garage was added.
Major renovations were also made from 1994 to 1995 when President Phil Stone was coming into residence. Workers added a large room and a deck to the rear of the house. Ben Gunter, Class of 1956, consulted with the College to redecorate the interior of the home at that time.
Other renovations over the years have included the addition of a wheelchair ramp, a new front porch, new bathrooms, the installation of a service kitchen, a new roof and upgrades to the HVAC, electrical and septic systems.
Provisions of Use: Personal and non-profit use only. No cropping or altering of images in any way. Credit each image's source as "The Robert R. Newlen '75 and John C. Bradford Special Collections/Bridgewater College Digital Commons". Consider including a hyperlink to the image hosted on the Bridgewater College Digital Commons.