Bridgewater College’s maintenance building and heating plant were dedicated as the Paul V. Phibbs Maintenance Center on November 1, 1991. The new name honors Paul Vester Phibbs, Sr. (1920-1990), Bridgewater College Class of 1960 and longtime Bridgewater College Superintendent of Building and Grounds. Mr. Phibbs was involved in preliminary planning of the maintenance center which bears his name.
The first Bridgewater College buildings were individually heated. The College first constructed a central steam heating plant for the campus in 1903. A new heating plant was constructed in 1921.
Provisions of Use: Personal and non-profit use only. No cropping or altering of images in any way. Credit each image's source as "The Robert R. Newlen '75 and John C. Bradford Special Collections/Bridgewater College Digital Commons". Consider including a hyperlink to the image hosted on the Bridgewater College Digital Commons.