Moomaw Hall was built in 1968 and 1969 by the Nielsen Construction Company to serve as the College’s Home Economics Building. It connects to Rebecca Hall, with which it shares Family and Consumer Sciences facilities. It is named for benefactors Leland C. Moomaw and his wife, Nina Kinzie Moomaw. Ground was broken in the rain for Moomaw Hall on October 19, 1968. It was first used in 1969. Moomaw Hall was dedicated along with the Kline Campus Center on April 3, 1970. The construction of a dedicated Home Economics facility allowed the department to move out of its old Home Management House facility, The Charles W. Roller House, where it was housed since 1941.