Heritage Hall was built as a men’s residence and is now a co-ed residence hall. It was built from 1963 to 1964 by the Nielsen Construction Company at a cost of approximately $545,000. It came into use in 1964 and was dedicated on October 10, 1964. It was renovated in 2016. Heritage Hall is named in honor of the following Bridgewater College faculty and staff: Allan B. Bicknell, Newton D. Cool, Frederick D. Dove, John S. Flory, Mattie V. Glick, J. Maurice Henry, Minor C. Miller, A. Ray Showalter, Charles E. Shull, and Marshall R. Wolfe. Heritage Hall replaced the temporary cinderblock dormitory, North Hall, which stood at the same site from 1946 – 1959. The building matches Wright Hall, also a residence hall.