Flory Hall came about from the 1984 renovation and connecting of two historic Bridgewater College campus buildings, Founders’ Hall and Wardo Hall. This renovation included other improvements such as an elevator and a new HVAC system. Flory Hall was dedicated on May 18, 1985.
Founders’ Hall (now the east wing of Flory Hall) was built in 1903. Wardo Hall (now the west wing of Flory Hall) was built in 1910 and served mostly as a men’s dormitory until 1980.
Flory Hall’s name honors Bridgewater College founder, D. C. Flory, the second Bridgewater College president John S. Flory, and the contributions of their families.
Provisions of Use: Personal and non-profit use only. No cropping or altering of images in any way. Credit each image's source as "The Robert R. Newlen '75 and John C. Bradford Special Collections/Bridgewater College Digital Commons". Consider including a hyperlink to the image hosted on the Bridgewater College Digital Commons.