East Hall was an L-shaped structure made of wood reclaimed by the Federal Works Administration from dismantled WWII Army camps. It was meant to be a temporary building and was constructed in 1947. It stood behind Rebecca Hall. One wing held a snack shop and a recreation center, until they were moved to Memorial Hall in 1953, and the other wing was the College infirmary. In autumn 1953, Bridgewater College also allowed overcrowded first and second grade classes from the Bridgewater public school to use the facility. In 1956, secretarial study classrooms and the Art studio were moved to East Hall. The Bridgewater College infirmary was moved from East Hall to the basement of Blue Ridge Hall around 1970 and East Hall was removed and cleared for parking lot space.
Provisions of Use: Personal and non-profit use only. No cropping or altering of images in any way. Credit each image's source as "The Robert R. Newlen '75 and John C. Bradford Special Collections/Bridgewater College Digital Commons". Consider including a hyperlink to the image hosted on the Bridgewater College Digital Commons.