The building was erected in 1914 and dedicated in January of 1915. It was renovated in 1953 with additional later renovations. A 60 foot steeple was added to the church in January 1982.
Bridgewater College purchased the building in 1998 when the Bridgewater Church of the Brethren congregation moved to an updated church home. The building was known from 1998 to 2000 as the College Chapel. It was dedicated as the Carter Center for Worship and Music on September 4, 2000. In addition to serving as a performance venue, it also houses the College’s chapel and Music Department.
Provisions of Use: Personal and non-profit use only. No cropping or altering of images in any way. Credit each image's source as "The Robert R. Newlen '75 and John C. Bradford Special Collections/Bridgewater College Digital Commons". Consider including a hyperlink to the image hosted on the Bridgewater College Digital Commons.