The Bridgewater College student Ministerial Association (established in 1921) changed their name to Clericus in 1927. Clericus was first composed of male students studying and training to enter Christian ministry or allied Christian vocations. In 1959 Clericus began admitting female students who were planning to pursue full-time church vocations. In 1971 the group's name again changed, this time to Students Interested in Relating to the Church (SIRCH). The updated name better reflected the association's mix of ministerial students and those wishing to serve as church laypersons.
The Clericus Chorus was an important part of mid-20th century Bridgewater College Clericus. This dapper male ensemble, singing faith-based music, toured the Eastern United States.
Provisions of Use: Personal and non-profit use only. No cropping or altering of images in any way. Credit each image's source as "The Robert R. Newlen '75 and John C. Bradford Special Collections/Bridgewater College Digital Commons". Consider including a hyperlink to the image hosted on the Bridgewater College Digital Commons.