A much needed science building for Bridgewater College was constructed in 1952 – 1953 by the Nielsen Construction Company. It is named for Bridgewater College benefactor Samuel M. Bowman and for two Bridgewater College Presidents, Paul H. Bowman and Warren D. Bowman. It was dedicated on June 1, 1953 and quickly went into use. As a science building it included laboratories for geology, chemistry, physics and psychology. The Reuel B. Pritchett Museum was housed on the ground floor until it was transferred to the basement of Cole Hall in 1964. Today it serves as an academic building and also houses the Bridgewater College Information Technology Center and a Digital Media Lab.
Provisions of Use: Personal and non-profit use only. No cropping or altering of images in any way. Credit each image's source as "The Robert R. Newlen '75 and John C. Bradford Special Collections/Bridgewater College Digital Commons". Consider including a hyperlink to the image hosted on the Bridgewater College Digital Commons.